Saturday, March 28, 2009

New info on H.R. 875

Not sure if I passed on any misleading and untrue information to you in my previous post.  Looks like some of the info on the internet about H.R. 875 is untrue.  

Apparently Rep. Rosa DeLauro's Husband does not work for Monsanto.  The bill is supposed to focus on ensuring the safety of food in interstate commerce.  And Rep DeLauro has been meeting with organic farmers and is drawing up a proposed list of amendments to H.R. 875 based on those meetings.  

Here is a link to the story that I found about it.  Thank you Nonny Mouse!


I still say keep an eye on this one, though.  It's about the food we eat.  Something big is going on here.  

I am happy that they are meeting with organic farmers and writing amendments based on those meetings.  But I am still going to let them know I am keeping an eye on this very important legislation (that SHOULD actually make our food safer by putting tougher restrictions on imported foods.  This SHOULD make farmer's markets even stronger.)  

Check out this video about H.R. 875:





And here is a new petition against H.R. 875 that I found.  

Peace and Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment